CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

I saved a life...yet again.

I did it again. I saved another life. Yesterday I donated blood with Candice. We went to IHop with her brother before-hand then met up at the Red Cross. The 50ish year old guy that drew my blood was being trained, so I knew he obviously hadn't stuck many people and I could tell he was nervous. Being a former phlebotomist myself, I was patient, trying not to show my slight nervousness considering that the needle gauge when you donate blood is ginormous. I felt bad, it took him forever, and when the blood started going through the tube when he finally stuck me, he was excited. I asked the girl that was training him if I was his first one, she said 'yes' - yowza.


Candice, Jared, and I raced to see who could fill a pint of blood the fastest - I dominated with 4 min. 35 sec. biotches! Here's me and Candice showing off our blood donating guns.

5 comments:

Candice said...

gosh Tara-- I didn't know that saving a life could look so sexy!

Stacie said...

Congratulations! And you're so brave to let someone train on you. :) BTW, I love your profile pic!

Unknown said...

Ummn you're nuts. I'm glad there are people out there like you though.

Stephanie EchoHawk said...

good job tara, pretty soon you'll have really cool track line.....hee hee. you also saved my life this weekend, thanks for helping out!!

Anonymous said...

you disgust me!