CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Traditions

My family is big on Christmas tradition and don't like to mix it up much - ask any brother-in-law. Christmas Eve is the 'big night' when we all get together and have a turkey or ham dinner and invite a family over. Now that our family has gotten so big, we don't have other families over as often. Then we all gather around the tree and read a christmas story and the kids open one present.

Growning up, on Christmas morning we were not allowed to go downstairs and open presents until we were all gathered on the stairs and mom would take a picture of us...which typically consisted of mom and dad arguing about something for 10 minutes before the picture was taken. (I apologize to all involved about this picture, but keep in mind, it's not as bad as the other gems I could have chosen...also, I look the worst, check out my mullet). This year, it was just me and Nicole. Notice Nicole's devil horns - maybe she was confused and thought it was Satan's birthday.
This is the first year that Noelle has not been here for Christmas. Needless to say, it was a little rough on both of us. She opened a few presents before they left for American Falls. Here's Josie helping Noelle.
Then on Christmas day, we don't really do much. We play with our new 'toys', which in my case, was an iPod Touch (which conviently had a defect so I couldn't do anything with it anyway, I went to exchange it at Costco, and of course, they were out of all of their iPods) then in the evening everyone comes over and we open the presents under the tree. Most years some of us go to a movie. Sinny(mom) and I went to The Curious Case of Benjamin Button...or in Sinny's case, The Curious 'Life' of Benjamin Button. I really liked it.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Thank the heavens above I was holding Noelle!

Unknown said...

Wow, that picture of me on the stairs looks an awful lot like Mason. Thanks for sharing.

Britt said...

Hey, I really like the mullet.