CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

The All Mighty Mini Egg

I haven't posted in forever. Stuff has been going on but I really haven't taken pictures. The last week of March was Spring Break and all the kids were around. We went bowling, that was a debacle. Marlee was in New York, D.C., and Boston - I love all those cities, I'm not jealous.

But what I really wanted to post about were these.


Oh, Cadbury Mini Eggs. How I love you, even more than Peeps. Forget about Easter candy, they're probably my favorite candy, period. The funny thing about Mini Eggs, they're the hardest Easter candy to find. You wouldn't think they would be considering everyone loves them. So when I do find them, I have to stock pile and get a couple bags. How do you eat your Mini Eggs? Do you suck on them and let the hard candy shell melt? Do you try to break the candy shell off without disturbing the chocolate center before eating the chocolate? Do you just eat it? Or do you melt it in the microwave like Laura? I personally like to eat the shell first and then the chocolate.

6 comments:

Marisa said...

I agree, I love the mini eggs but they're so hard to find! I have never even thought of microwaving them. I guess I usually eat the shell first, but I can't quite remember because it's been a whole year since I've had them because they didn't have them at Costco or WalMart and I haven't gotten to any other stores.

Danielle said...

The most delicious treat ever! I love the crunch of the shell and the ever so creamy chocolate...mmmmmm.

Noelle said...

I have an unopened bag in the pantry that is now calling my name, thanks to your post.

Stephanie EchoHawk said...

I also love these, really Laura the micriwave?? I too bite off the candy shell, the suck on the yummy chocolate. I have been able to find these at Fred Meyer and Albertsons in years past, not sure way Walmart doesn't carry them. BUG... and come on costco, you always carry the very best, way not the very best Easter candy ever???

Unknown said...

I feel like I should stock up on 8 or 9 family size bags to get me through the year. Maybe call it food storage?

Candice said...

After much deliberation and many eggs- I have decided that I like to keep them in my mouth until the shell is thinner. Then I take my time on the chocolatey goodness. I'm not a huge fan of the hard shell. I think I'd rather pay extra to have them wrapped like hershey kisses. :)