CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 10, 2009

Toby

The wound is still pretty fresh, I’ve been kind of an emotion wreck all week, but here we go. Tuesday I had to have Toby put down. It was getting to the point where he could barely get up to go to the bathroom. I knew it had to happen some time, but I think we all took it a little harder then we thought we would.

I bought him for just $10 from my mom's friend when I was 14. He's been around for the births of all 14 nieces and nephews and has been my fishing buddy for 15 years. It probably sounds crazy, but Toby was different, it was almost like there was a little bit human in him.

I’m planning on getting another dog. Probably some time this summer. I know I’ll never find another dog like Toby, but wish me luck.



7 comments:

Noelle said...

May he rest in peace.

Britt said...

It doesn't sound crazy. I've met Toby. He WAS different.

I'm so sorry Tara.

Marisa said...

How sad, you've had him forever. He was such a good dog.

Belinda said...

I think you're right. Toby did have a little bit of human in him. We're grieving along with you here in Washington.

Danielle said...

I miss him.

Unknown said...

Tara, this post is almost making me cry again. I can blame that on the pregnancy I guess. I hope you find a great dog this summer. Surprisingly, I too miss Toby.

Stephanie EchoHawk said...

i miss his guts! i almost cry everytime i think about him.