CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

"Fishing" and Mayonnaise

Noelle and Russ went up to Stanley with me this weekend. We didn't do much, hung out, watched P.S. I Love You, which Russ loved btw.



Saturday they went fishing with me...I'll talk about that in a minute. Saturday night we went to dinner at a resturant that shall remain nameless(Bridge St. Burger and Brew). They didn't really acknowledge us when came in, then they had like 3 things on their menu. Then when we got our burgers, I asked for mayonnaise...some guy, that I don't even know if he worked there, went outside and came back with a jar of mayonnaise, put it on the table and walked away. So then I had to go ask for a knife to get it out of the jar. Then after we eat(and were still hungry), Noelle proceeds to tell me that the mayonnaise had expired 4 months ago. Excellent.




Back to the fishing story. First we went over to where Redfish Creek goes into the Main Salmon and weren't having any luck but we could see like 4 or 5 steelhead. I was determined that if I couldn't catch a steelhead, I was going to snag one(I refuse to admit that I've snagged steelhead before). There were 2 right in front of me and I snagged the same one 6 times but the lure would pop off the fish every time. Then after an hour and half I snagged the other one and landed it...as you can see below. Then I let it go.

My Snagged Steelhead:


Then we went over to the dredge ponds cuz I knew that there are tons of small fish planted there every spring along with 50-75 steelhead. We tried to catch and/or snag a steelhead but gave up after an hour or 2. We'd brought a net with us and as we were leaving, we had the idea to try and net a steelhead in a little pool that was sorta dammed off on both sides until the water rises and washes them down. Russ would hold the net downstream by the lower dam and I would move a stick in the water to force the steelhead back into the net, we netted 2 steelhead! HA! along with about 10 small fish (I do however realize that there were many things illegal here. 1. It's not steelhead season 2. it's illegal to snag fish 3. I can only assume it's illegal to net steelhead, especially in the off season. But, we did release all the steelhead we "caught".)

Steelhead Netting:

Russ and his Steelhead:

2 comments:

Candice said...

mmmmm....mayo! sounds good. you should have saved it for yur fishes.

Stephanie EchoHawk said...

strange mayo story, hope you won't be going there again. cool fishes you guys snagged!!