CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

NYC Part Two

Ok, here's my second New York blog...and it's a long one. We got home Friday afternoon. Our plane departed at 7:10 AM EST which is 5:10 at home - yowza. I've been fighting sleep ever since. I came home to Steph's kids for the weekend then back to work on Monday. This is my long explaination as to why it's taken me so long to update my blog.

Alright, so Tuesday we went on a 3 hour boat tour around the island, which was coolish, and informative...it was also hotter than hell fire. As you can see from the pictures below, it was quite enjoyable:



Then later we went to Cental Park and the Met museum. You can't tell from this picture, but Noelle and I did like Central Park.


Marlee and I with Alice:


Laura playing with her new camera:
Laura and I can not take a serious picture to save our lives:

Wednesday we went to the World Trade Center then to Canal Street. I love Canal Street, you can get knock off designer sunglasses, handbags, etc. I got a Dolce & Gabbana handbag and pair of sunglasses. Later we walked through SoHo to Washington Square Park where there was a guy painting a girl's body. She was topless, then later, bottomless...except for a g-string. Is that legal? I don't know, but it was hilarious watching guys stop and stare and take pictures. Much like this black guy is doing in the picture below. Thursday was our last day in New York. We went to B&H, which is an electronic store on 34th between 7th and 8th, I believe. Seriously, you should go to this store just for the experience. It's 2 stories with probably 200 employees, 99% of which were Jewish, and many of those were Orthodox Jew with the shaved heads and curled sideburns. Coming from Idaho, this was quite the sight. They also had bowls of kosher taffy type candy everywhere. At one point, Noelle was taking a handful of candy and an employee gave her a bag for the candy. So Noelle and I decided to stalk up at each station, filling the bag. If you wanted to buy something, you'd get a tag, go to the checkout, then go to another area to pick it up. They would order it from the basement and ship it up and you would literally see it on a coveyor belt above your head. At one point, Laura's item was lost in transit.

For lunch we went to Serendipity. The restaurant the movie was named after. Their food was really good and their frozen hot chocolate was delicious.


Then later we were walking around 7th Ave near Central Park in search of the infamous Black and White cookie. They have them everywhere in NY but the best ones are suppose to be at little bakeries. Needless to say, we ended up settling on Metro Cafe, a chain restaurant. But they were still good. But on our search, I bumped into a woman with her 2 kids. Laura said it was Uma Thurman. Laura is known to bull***t me - often...so I didn't believe her. I said "no it's not." she said, "yes it is." After going back and forth and me almost believing her, Laura finally said she was kidding and then as if on cue, Noelle says "no, but there's Roseanne's sister from the show, Roseanne." And to quote Noelle, she looked a little disheveled. Then not 5 minutes later, we past the guy that played Garrett on Crossing Jordan.

We rode the subway a few times, which is actually pretty cool, although, I wouldn't want to do it on a daily basis.


This is a picture Laura took of a random girl at FAO Schwarz toy store. Someone is obsessed with their camera. The girl was super cute though, and I don't say that about many kids.
On Saturday and Thursday night we stayed in NJ with Steph's friends Matt and Jesse. Thursday evening they took us to the Jersey shore with their 2 boys. Their little boy Liam is probably the cutest kid I've ever seen, excluding my own nieces and nephews.


Alright, so that's it. I am DONE.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Again, missing someone special.

Danielle said...

Forgot to ask what loopy drugs mom was on when you took the first pic.

Danielle said...

Did you slip her a couple of prednisone? Oh wait, that would have the extreme opposite effect...and I'll leave it at that.

Candice said...

I'm jealous that you guys get to go and do things like that. And I love mom taking pics of the naked lady. That's awesome!

Unknown said...

I was just looking through your post again. I must have missed the one of mom the 1st time I looked through your post. It hit me funny and I couldn't stop laughing. Oh, mom.