CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

NYC so far...

So far New York has been tons of fun. But holy hell it's been hot. We Idahoans are not used to this disgusting humidity. Anyway, our hotel is near Times Square, so we've walked through it a few times. So that's mostly what we did the first day. Yesterday we went to the Today Show for like a half hour and saw Haylie Duff, eh. But Ann Curry was super nice. She stayed out there and took pictures and talked to everyone. As you can see:

Here's Noelle having fun at Rockefeller Center:
Noelle, Laura, mom, and I were on 5th Ave walking back to Rockefeller Center from FAO Schwarz to see Conan when I saw a familiar face...Tallulah Willis. I was like, dude, I know who that is! Then I looked over and saw two people hugging, one of which was Demi Moore. Then I looked back to see who Demi was hugging, totally Gisele Bundchen. It was like a celebrity explosion! Demi looks older in real life.

Ok, so then, we went to Conan and of course we were seated in the upper far corner...lame. So therefore, Conan didn't see the shirt, but some NBC pages thought it was pretty funny. So anyway, Conan seemed super cool though. He came out before the show for a few minutes and talked to the audience. When he came out for the actual show and the applause had died down, I yelled out "I'm having your baby!" Then Conan said, "ok, that was appropriate." Ha. Laura kept begging me to do it, I wasn't going to, then it just suddenly came out! I felt like an idiot, but you could barely hear it. Kate Hudson was the guest, along with Robert Smigel. He's the voice of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and a writer on SNL.

Then last night we went to Carmine's restaurant in Times Square:Marlee outside Carmine's (thought it was a cute picture):

Me outside Carmine's:

Then me and Marlee:

Can you find mom?


We were in the middle of Times Square and I think there was a movie being filmed like 20 feet from where that above picture was taken. Anyway, I saw Dominique Swain watching behind the camera. Most of you probably don't know who she is, but, she was the daughter in Face/Off, she was also in Alpha Dog, and some other movies.

Then today we were eating lunch at a bakery and I swear Dan and Jenny's mom from 'Gossip Girl' came in, but I'm not 100% sure, whatever. Then we went to the Met and walked through Central Park. Then got on the subway to go back to the hotel and Ana Gasteyer (former SNL cast member) got on the subway with her husband, daugher, and baby. Laura talked to her for a minute about her daughter.

So that's it so far, tomorrow we're going to lower Manhattan.

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Okay, you guys must know the right places to go because we went to New York FOUR times and the only celebrity I ever saw was the girl from the movie "She's All That" walking through the theater district. Seriously, though, it looks like you're having a blast, great pix!

Danielle said...

Yes, it looks like you're all having fun, but don't you feel a void of some kind. Perhaps a significant missing someone who generally adds a bit of spice and wit to each conversation. No need to name names. I'm sure that feeling that someone's missing is so overwhelming that the name of that certain someone can't seem to get out of your head. Sorry to be so awesome.
Your sis. D

Anonymous said...

I was hoping Cindy would be in the picture...oh, wait, but there she is.

Looks like she wasn't really welcome in the picture, but managed to make a subtle appearance anyway.

Anonymous said...

Carmine's!!!!!!!

I hate you. I love humidity.

You need a tan. Pronto.

Ellen Oates said...

Who is watching all the kiddos? I think you forgot to invite another person who adds a lot of spice and wit to each conversation! We decided we are just going to have to come visit you guys in August or so.