CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm So Smart...and Lame

I'm one of the most obsessive and over analytical people I know, and it's usually about the most pointless things...i.e. - this whole post. That said...Breaking Dawn, the 4th and final installment of the Twilight series is dropping(yes, I said 'dropping') on Saturday Aug. 2nd. I'm so freakin' excited. I've never been excited about a book release before, it's kinda weird. I've been kinda stressed about it because I live in Idaho and I know tons of people are going to be buying the book here. There's no way I'm going to be able to just walk into Borders or Barnes & Noble on Saturday morning and just causally pick up a copy. Not gonna happen. And I'm not going to order it online, because they'll probably SHIP it on Aug. 2nd and that's not ok with me. I want to have it in my hands ASAP. So then I thought, maybe Costco, they had a buttload of the other books in the series a few weeks ago. But then, what if they don't get the shipment in til like, Monday or something? So here's what I did...I was at the mall on Saturday with Noelle so I decided to go over to Borders and put a copy on hold. I walked up to a girl and said I needed to put a book on hold. She asked what book, I said Breaking Dawn, she said "oh, of course...well that's easy." She then tells me that I can go on Friday night at midnight because they're having a release party with games and a costume contest and there will probably be a line to get the book. I'm just like, seriously, dude, I just want the book in my paws so I can read it, I'm dying here...so, no. Also, Borders is expensive I don't want to deal with Borders, really. So here's my plan, and, I know how ridiculous I'm being...I'm going to go to Costco Saturday morning to get the book, IF they don't have it, I've got one reserved at Borders. Dude, I'm so smart. Btw, I know there are other Twilight fans here, if you want to reserve a copy of the book at Borders, you have to do so before July 27th or you're not guaranteed a copy.


Alright, I thought I would just get it out there since I've been obsessing and bugging people about it. Could I be any lamer?

4 comments:

Marisa said...

So good plan, but for future reference when the 7th Harry Potter book came out we ordered it from Amazon and it arrived on our doorstep in the morning of the day it came out... pretty good deal. I love the picture of you on the river at the top of your blog, just like I remember you!

Danielle said...

I think obsessive is a more appropriate word here than lame...although lame can still stay in the mix. And yes, I too like the picture of you on the oars...with the mullet.

Candice said...

I haven't read any of the books so I can't relate to the maddness- but I will say that when I wanted a harry potter book I went to wal-mart- walked right up to the stack and was in and out in 5 minutes. Just a thought.

Geanie said...

Tara, I can totally relate to you. Oh my, I am now one of those wierd Harry Potter/ Star Wars fans that stand in line. I too am brilliant and reserved a copy in at Crowleys, just in case Walmart was sold out, but I ended up getting it at Smiths at midnight. I guess Danielle would call me obsessive too, only because she hasn't read them.
Geanie