CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July

So Steph and her 5 kids(plus Marlee's friend Sheridan) were in Boise for the 4th of July weekend...and still are.

Friday we had a BBQ at my parents house and then later watched the Meridian fireworks. I'm going to have to disagree with Russ...the Meridian fireworks are the best fireworks show west of the Mississippi.

Saturday we all went down the Main Payette river. Dad and I took catarafts and Paul guided the paddle boat with 13 people in it, including 8 kids - insane.

On the last rapid, called 'A.M.F', Dad went down first...he went to the right and was bumped around some, so Paul went down the left and was turned backwards. So I decided to go down the middle...not a good idea. As I got to the hole, it was way bigger than I thought. The cat started going sideways, as in, the right tube that Marlee was on, was practically under water and Sheridan was on the other side up in the air. Luckily we evened out. I've been in boats that have flipped and fallen out of boats, but that was the closest I've been to flipping my own boat.

Here's all of us. In the background, you can see Noelle, Marlee, and Sheridan, and myself on my cat. You can see Mom and Dad in the wee back.

All the little kids on the paddle boat.
On Sunday we played red rover. Mom, Russ, and I played with a bunch of the kids. Russ was on one side with Mason and Teagan and he was not going to let go of the boys hands, even if it ment ripping their arms off. So when they called Mom right over, poor Teagan was in the line of fire.


After Mom plowed Teagan over, Russ said to her, "Uh Sinny, I think you hurt him." and Mom defended herself by saying, "I play to win!" Hilarious. Teagan will love this video when he's older, but for now, whenever I play it, he tells me he hates me.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

At the risk of sounding redundant, there seems to be a significant someone missing AGAIN from your pic.'s. Ah, no more fun trips w/o this someone, OKAY!!!

Tara said...

trips/babies/trips/babies. someone chose babies. but seriously though, you need to start doing stuff with us again.